So it begins, Google to kill off organic data to webmasters for logged in users, I won’t re-hash and rant as there are plenty of useful posts out there.
I will provide a quick summary though, the data is still there but Google only offering aggregated data through Webmaster Tools but as mentioned by Barry Schwartz on Search Engine Roundtable, it’s not that accurate. So begs the question is the data now being sent to webmasters useful?
So for more information on this topic here are a few useful posts:
- Google Whores Out Users With False Privacy Claims – Joost de Valk on SEO Book
- SEO Under Attack – The Google Analytics Keyword Data Apocalypse – Alan Bleiweiss on Search Engine Journal
- Google To Begin Encrypting Searches & Outbound Clicks By Default With SSL Search – Danny Sullivan on Search Engine Land
- Google Rolls Out Https Search For Logged In Users (ghacks.net)
- Google to Limit Keyword Search Referral Data to Marketers (hubspot.com)